Depression is often a reaction to a distressing or traumatic event. The people and situations that are associated with the traumatic event are referred to as traumatic triggers. Losing a job, divorce, financial reversals and bereavement are examples of traumatic triggers. You might have experienced one of more of these and find yourself feeling like you can’t cope like you used to.
- Do you feel like you can’t be bothered to get up out of bed in the morning?
- Have you lost your interest in things you used to enjoy?
- Are you experiencing aches and pains and worrying about your physical health?
- Have you gained or lost weight recently, or started drinking or smoking again?
- Do you have trouble sleeping at night and feel exhausted?
- Do you cry easily but feel numb most of the time?
If you’ve asked yourself some of these questions, then hypnotherapy can help. Hypnotherapy can improve your overall sense of wellbeing, lift your mood and boost feelings of hopefulness. Medication treats symptoms but hypnotherapy can treat causes – through hypnotic suggestion we can create long term improvement.
If you would like the tools to think more positively and help you maintain a positive outlook on life, please contact me.